Changing from a traditional bathtub to a shower installation or walk-in tub can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. Many of your neighbors are ditching their old tubs for something new, and you should, too! The many benefits associated with replacing your bathtub will make you glad you took the plunge.
Benefits of Ditching the Tub
Ditching the tub offers multiple benefits that can increase both the comfort and aesthetic appeal of your bathroom.
- Increased Home Value – Removing an old bathtub from your bathroom instantly modernizes its look, makes it appear larger in size, and increases its potential resale value.
- More Usable Space – Showers without thresholds offer much more space than traditional bathtubs, which means they’re ideal for families who need more room while showering or bathing children.
- Easier Cleaning – Walk-in showers don’t require scrubbing like traditional bathtubs do since there are fewer crevices where dirt can get trapped, making them much easier to keep clean over time!
- More accessible – There are many accessible shower options, like curbless showers, that make it easier for anyone to get in and out of them freely. Greater accessibility leads to more independence for people who desire more accessible options.
Bathtubs are becoming increasingly outdated as more homeowners opt for showers with no thresholds or sleek walk-in designs. As such, a bathroom remodel can be relatively straightforward when done correctly with the help of a professional home service.
Popular Home Services for Removing Tubs
When choosing how to replace an existing tub, there are many different options available depending on budget and desired outcome. Here are some popular services offered by local Bismarck companies specializing in remodeling projects such as these:
- Tiling – Tile is one of the most popular materials used in bathrooms because it looks great while being durable enough to withstand water damage over time. It can also add a unique flair that makes any bathroom stand out!
- Walk-In Shower Installation – A walk-in shower installation offers convenience by eliminating steps into or out of your shower area. Plus, they often come with built-in features such as seating benches or grab bars which add additional safety for those who need assistance getting around their homes safely.
- Shower/Tub Replacement – Replacing an entire shower/tub unit provides you with full control over what type of material (such as porcelain or fiberglass) will be used during the construction process.
The Bathroom Store in Bismarck, ND, is a great option for those looking to upgrade their old bathtub. We offer a variety of bath renovation and remodeling services so that you can get what you want from start to finish. Contact us today at (701) 223-1008 to get started on your bathroom renovation project! You can also reach us online to schedule a free consultation.