Choosing the perfect shower hardware finish for your bathroom remodel might seem like a minor detail, but it can significantly impact your sanctuary’s overall look and feel. With so many finishes available, it can be overwhelming to navigate through the options. Read on as we explore popular shower hardware finishes and discuss the factors that will help you determine the best choice for your space.
Popular Shower Hardware Finishes
- Chrome: Chrome is popular due to its affordability, durability and shine. It complements modern and minimalist bathroom styles well. However, this finish can show water spots and fingerprints more easily, requiring frequent cleaning.
- Nickel: Nickel finishes, including brushed and polished, offer a warm and classic look. They are suitable for traditional and transitional bathrooms but can be more costly than other finishes.
- Brass: Brass provides a timeless and elegant appeal, making it a great choice for a vintage-inspired bathroom. It is also resistant to corrosion and tarnishing. Like nickel, brass can be more expensive than other options, and the availability of matching fixtures may be limited.
- Bronze: Oil-rubbed bronze delivers a warm, rustic look, ideal for traditional or Mediterranean-style bathrooms. It is also durable and does not show water spots or fingerprints. This finish may require occasional upkeep to maintain its lustrous appearance.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is known for its modern, sleek appearance and resistance to corrosion. It complements industrial or contemporary bathroom styles. Similar to most finishes, steel may show water spots and fingerprints.
- Matte Black: Matte black offers a bold, modern look and can create a striking contrast in your bathroom. It is resistant to fingerprints and water spots, though the availability of matching fixtures may be limited.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Shower Hardware Finish
The right shower hardware finish can make or break your bath renovation project. Here are some elements to think about:
- Bathroom Style: Is your bathroom modern, traditional or transitional? Different styles may require different finishes.
- Existing Hardware: Consider the finish of existing hardware and fixtures in your bathroom to ensure cohesion and balance.
- Maintenance and Durability: Assess how much upkeep you are willing to put up with when selecting finishes.
- Budget: Determine the availability of matching fixtures as well, as this can dictate the item’s price tag.
Selecting the right shower hardware finish is crucial to transforming your bathroom. Trust The Bathroom Store in Bismarck, ND, to assist with shower installation or bathroom remodeling. Send us a message or call (701) 223-1008 to start creating your dream space today.